Ask the Experts
- Training of in the metallurgy of steel products, their selection and application to a global clientele
- Market development and manufacture of high aluminum zinc alloys
- Developed a hydrometallurgical flow sheet for the extraction of lead, zinc and cadmium from lead concentrates
- Implemented Centers of Excellence (COE) in seven (7) steel plants, including stainless steels, and engineering alloys;
- Provided solutions to the issues raised by the customers after visiting and inspecting products and identifying the root causes;
- Technical assistance for heat treating plates for a Service center in Ohio;
- Technical Expert witness on Energy Management System for a zinc producer in Pennsylvania.
- Markets development for surface engineering processes including thermal spray coating and electro-spark deposition to increase life of components;
- Development of an interactive operations management system for the manufacture of ingots for high performance plates.
- Computer based interactive training modules for manufacture and improvement of hot dip galvanizing of fabricated articles;
- Market development for the application of thermal spray coatings for reducing corrosion of rolls in continuous galvanizing;
- Spray cooling system for grates and rails used in sintering of zinc bearing raw material;
- Failure analysis and vendor certification support for an aircrafts engine plant;
- Cost effective design to reduce chloride corrosion and fretting wear of grates and rails used in the pallets for sintering;
- Productivity improvement of a decarburization and annealing line for non-grain oriented silicon steel;
- Increasing the life of coal pulverizer rolls used in thermal power plants;
- Optimization of energy efficiency with combustion process and quality control for superalloys manufacture;
- Plant wide natural gas usage and monitoring system and energy reduction programs.
- Control of electric power demand system to reduce peak load requirement by improved scheduling;
- Improved the energy efficiency of plant boiler for steam generation.
- Market development research for the use of high Ni alloys especially for power plants, oil exploration and petro-chemical industry.
- Enhanced the wear resistance of tools used in extrusion of seamless pipes using a surface alloying process.
- Energy reduction in steel plants by combustion control, thermal engineering, process optimization and capacity planning.
- Process optimization and quality control systems for high performance steel plates;
- Accelerated tempering of Q&T plates.
- Process control in normalizing, annealing and stress relieving of plates.
- Computer simulation based level II process control for annealing of stainless steel coils and plates.
- Computer based process control for heating of slabs and ingots for rolling into plates and hot strip.
- Feasibility studies for production facilities of a plate mill and designed a quench & temper facility for China and India.
- Innovative applications of surface coatings based on electrospark sputtering deposition to enhance life of work holding and cutting tools.
- Design of no-bake foundry for stainless, alloy and carbon steels .